A significant responsibility all players have is to practice good course care and etiquette. We are asking for your help! Here is a list of 5 things that will help Heartland Crossing continue down the path of improvement:
– Fix your ball mark PLUS one on greens
– Replace or fill your divot. Sand bottles and sand buckets are provided in key areas for convenience.
– Pick up your tee after each hole, utilizing the provided cups for broken tees
– Keep carts on the paths when you’re near tees, greens, and for the duration of play on all par 3’s
– Rake your track when exiting bunkers. We agree that bunkers are not great, need lots of work, and more rakes. However, the practice of raking foot tracks and the spot you played from, will make the bunkers better for those playing behind you.
It’s understandable that when the course was in poor condition, it was difficult to care about these 5 player responsibilities. I’m certain I would have not have made them a routine while I played. It’s time to change that culture. Please help us present a good course for all that play, as this will enable us to entice new members, players, corporate groups, outings and so on. Your extra effort may very well be the determining factor in this clubs future.
Thank you for your time and support!
Golf Course Superintendent