2021 Thursday Night Ladies Leagues
1) Double Par Max
2) All Ladies will use Red Tees
3) Lost Ball – If a ball has been lost, that player or players have 3 minutes to look for the ball. If the ball is not found within 3 minutes, player will need to drop per the U.S.G.A. lost ball rule. Alternatively, play the rules outlined below.
4) Penalty – lost ball, out of bounds, unplayable ball
A) Lost ball – penalties
If a ball is lost after any golf shot, you can use the two-stroke penalty rule. Determine the distance you think the ball came to rest and drop the ball at that distance somewhere between that point and two club lengths inside the fairway with a two-stroke penalty.
Another option is to hit a provisional ball from the spot you last hit your ball and it became lost with a one-stroke penalty. After you have hit the provisional ball, the first option of a two-stroke penalty is no longer available to use.
B) Ball hit out of bounds – penalties.
If your ball is hit out of bounds, determine where it crossed the out of bounds line and drop the ball at that distance between that point and two club lengths inside the fairway with a two-stroke penalty.
Another option is to hit a provisional ball from the spot you last hit your ball out of bounds with a one-stroke penalty. After you have hit the provisional ball, the first option of a two-stroke penalty is no longer available to use.
C) If player claims unplayable ball – penalty:
Player must announce unplayable lie before striking the ball. Relief may be made by using no more than one club length from the unplayable lie, no closer to the pin, with a one-stroke penalty.
5) All bunkers, unless identified as Ground Under Repair, will be played as Lift, Rake and Place if needed. Lift ball, rake bunker sand, place your ball back to the original spot where it came to rest in the bunker. If your ball is plugged in the face of a bunker, you may lift/remove, rake and replace it back at the face of the bunker as close to the original spot as possible but no further than 6 inches from where it plugged.
a. Clarification: Lift, Rake & Place is meant to level out the sand to hit from a level surface – no mounding. Bunker is to be raked coming out to eliminate footprints and ball strike marks to the best of your ability.
6) Ground Under Repair – Relief may be taken by one club length but no closer to the hole. If one club length is not sufficient, continue to closest area out of the GUR section, but no closer to the pin.
7) Ball Down – Play ball as it lays – no lifting, rolling, replacing or cleaning of ball except on green.
8) Divot Relief – If the divot is deemed an unplayable lie, ball may be moved no more than one club length from the divot, but no closer to the hole, with a one stroke penalty.
9) Weather Delays – The course will monitor the weather and in the case of lightning, or heavy rains hard enough to clear the course, they will send out an alert on The Links at Heartland Crossing app. If there is no alert from the golf course, and a player or group feels like they cannot continue to play because of the weather, they can halt play, take shelter for a few minutes, and continue once the weather has passed or they can choose to withdraw from the event.
10) Other issues will be regulated by standard USGA rules
11) Ladies League sign up deadline is at 6:00 pm on the day (Weds in most cases) before the regularly scheduled night. If you forget to sign up before that deadline, you can contact Brian or Rich via phone at or email to get your name on the list
TLHC phone: (317) 630-1785
2021 Thursday Night Ladies Leagues